Sleeping Grass Presents Summer Camp 2018!
This summer we’ll have great summer fun, with waterplay and snack outside, playgound fun(weather/temperature permitting!) and lots of other summer activities, coupled with a great weekly discounted rate!
Our staff is committed to providing children with fun, enriching, and varied activities within a safe, diverse, and peaceful home-like environment. All staff are experienced in working with children of all ages. These creative and nurturing Instructors model acts of grace, courtesy, care, and respect.
At Sleeping Grass Studio we practice clear, gentle, yet firm discipline. Instructors encourage and model the use of words to express feelings and to facilitate problem solving. Children are taught how to carry out their responsibilities for resolving conflict appropriately.
Fees and Schedule:
Registration Fee (one time only): $50(Due by April 30th to guarantee availability)
Part Day Schedule:
- 8:30am - 1:00pm or 1:00pm-6:00pm
Full Day Schedule:
- No special registration required.
- Just let caretaker know at Monday morning drop-off that you want a Summer Camp Package
Fees and Payment Schedule:
- Payments are made on the Monday morning at drop-in.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, card, or money order.
Late Pick Up Policy:
- If you are late picking up your child, the regular drop-in rate will be charged.
Pick Up Procedures:
- All drop-offs and pick-ups must be done at a check-in station so we can make sure parents get charged correctly.
Minor accidents occurring at camp receive the prompt and careful attention of staff members. In the event of illness, the family is notified at once and are responsible for making arrangements, within a reasonable amount of time, for the child to be taken home or to her/his physician. In cases of emergency, we will call 911 and parents will be notified immediately.
Note: It is VERY important that you let us know of any changes of contact information so that we may reach you in case of an emergency.
Do not leave an emergency message on the answering machine. Keep trying until you reach someone directly.
For the protection of staff and children, please do not send a sick child to camp. If our staff determines that a child is too sick to continue to participate in activities, then the parents or Emergency contacts are responsible for picking up their child from camp within a reasonable period of time, after being notified that the child is sick.
Before returning to Summer Camp:
- The child must be free of fever, vomiting, or diarrhea for 24 hours without medication.
- The child must remain at home until 24 hours have elapsed since the first dose of prescribed antibiotics.
- The child must stay home until the results of a throat culture are known.
If a child requires ANY medication during the day you will need to fill out a Permission to Administer Medication form in the summer camp office, and leave the form and medicine with your child’s teacher. ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICATIONS SHOULD BE PUT IN A CHILD’S LUNCH BOX.
If inappropriate behavior or a conflict occurs:
- Children are taught to be respectful towards themselves, toward others, and with their environment.
- The instructor will guide the child(ren) through the process of taking care of their responsibilities, using calm, neutral, factual language, and quiet time apart if necessary.
- If a conflict recurs, we will notify parents and work together toward a positive resolution.
If a child physically endangers him/herself or others:
- The child will be removed from the situation and asked to shadow an instructor or be given quiet time apart.
- Parents will be notified of the situation by the end of the day to work together toward a positive resolution.
Sleeping Grass reserves the right to ask a camper not to return due to behavioral problems, and camp fees are forfeit.